Re: [wmii] focus switch - race condition?

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 19:15:53 -0800

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:52:00PM -0800, Suraj Kurapati wrote:
>>
>> So wmii tells the dialog window to take keyboard focus, and that isn't
>> happening.
>
> I expect that the app manages the input of all its windows centrally. [...]
> X11, as far as I know, sends keyboard events to whichever window
> has focus when the events happen, so even if they wind up going to a
> different window than has focus, the focused window still must have received
> them.

That makes sense. I saw keystroke buffering behavior again today and
found this discussion while researching it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/356957/java-window-buffering-keystrokes-until-the-user-clicks-with-the-mouse

I know jEdit has its own keyboard handling code, which they made the
default a few versions ago. (Come to think of it, I didn't experience
these problems with the old keyboard handling code.) I will follow up
on the jEdit-users mailing list.

Thanks for your help!