Re: [wmii] focus switch - race condition?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 03:13:55 -0500

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:52:00PM -0800, Suraj Kurapati wrote:
>So wmii tells the dialog window to take keyboard focus, and that isn't
>happening. Can wmii check whether a client has taken keyboard focus?
>If the client hasn't taken focus, can wmii remind the client to take
>keyboard focus again?

If the titlebars' colors have all changed as expected, the
window's taken focus. It doesn't matter, though. I expect that
the app manages the input of all its windows centrally. Which
window has the X keyboard focus is really a technicality. In
fact, that's really the only way that what you've described can
happen. X11, as far as I know, sends keyboard events to
whichever window has focus when the events happen, so even if
they wind up going to a different window than has focus, the
focused window still must have received them.

--
Kris Maglione
The string is a stark data structure and everywhere it is passed there