[wmii] Best way to make windows sticky (multitags)?

From: Michael Stapelberg <michael_AT_stapelberg.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 00:47:45 +0100

Hi,

I've recently switched to wmii-hg and Xinerama instead of multiple screens and
multiple instances of wmii because radeonhd does not support the latter.

Before, I was used to having 4 windows on the left screen, containing mutt,
irssi, cmus and so on. They were independant from the wmii on the right
screen.

Now, I was wondering what the best way is to emulate this setup: Have 4
windows on one screen (which is just a column as far as I understand the
current Xinerama implementation) which are always available, no matter which
tag is active on the right (primary) screen.

I've currently just set the tags 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9 on the 4 windows, but I've
had to place them in the right column for each tag separately. Can this be
automated (I guess so), and if so, how?

Best regards and thank in advance,
Michael