Re: [wmii] Best way to make windows sticky (multitags)?

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:25:48 -0500

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:47:45AM +0100, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
>Now, I was wondering what the best way is to emulate this setup: Have 4
>windows on one screen (which is just a column as far as I understand the
>current Xinerama implementation) which are always available, no matter which
>tag is active on the right (primary) screen.
>
>I've currently just set the tags 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9 on the 4 windows, but I've
>had to place them in the right column for each tag separately. Can this be
>automated (I guess so), and if so, how?

Well, it's pretty easy to make clients sticky, just:

     wmiir xwrite /client/$client/tags /./

As for maintaining the positioning, it's currently not so
simple. You could script it, but I don't have time to provide an
example right now. Sorry.

--
Kris Maglione
Reason should be destroyed in all Christians.