Re: [wmii] Re: click-to-focus

From: elijah rutschman <elijahr_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:25:45 -0600

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 10:20 AM, hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:
> I guess click-to-focus has an advantage in non-tiling wms, but I don't
> think it has too much of a penalty anywhere. One could argue, that
> having to click is useless, because the mouse is where you want to use
> it anyway, but otherwise I would not consider this important enough to
> bother:D

I can see the virtue in click-to-focus; some users move their mouse
cursor away from the window they want to use, similar to ratpoison's
"banish". So, if a user is accustomed to "banishing" their cursor out
of sight, they might also prefer to tell the window manager
specifically what window they want to have focus by clicking on it,
regardless of cursor position afterwards.