Re: [wmii] click-to-focus

From: Andrey Teleshov <at-post_AT_yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:31:45 +0500

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:39:45 +0100
hiro <23hiro_AT_googlemail.com> wrote:

> > I like click-to-focus window switch mode. But wmii have sloppy focus
> > skill only. Why? This is ideological principle? Or no request anybody?

> For simplicity someone must have decided for it to be "sloppy focus",
> and I guess there's no need to change that, since this really is
> nothing more than taste...
> Perhaps you can patch it yourself if it's important enough for you:D

OK. I'm make two wmii option focusmodel patches. Maybe, it can be
useful for anybody...

This option can switch focusmodel to 'sloppy' (default) or
'click-to-focus' for each managed and float layers separately. At
present you can wrote:

  wmiiwr write /ctl <<!
    focusmodel click click
  !

where
  model ::= sloppy
          | click
  focusmodel <managed model> <floating model>

These patches intend for wmii+ixp-20080520 snapshot>, and for wmii-hg of
2008-01-13.

This code based on code by David McNab <rebirth_AT_orcon.net.nz>.

--
Andrey Teleshov