Re: [wmii] wmii crashes on exit

From: Alex Kilgore <adkilgore_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:26:56 -0500

> thanks for the quick reply. I had the same feeling but I was hoping
> to be wrong. I'll do a more thorough check to see whether this occurs
> also with other wm.

Hi,
>>> Could this be related to some hardware issue (I am thinking of the
>>> usual suspect, the nVidia card...)? The nVidia card (GeForce 9500 GT)
>>> is running under the proprietary driver
   Could just be the driver. I do not use the nvidia drivers, as i have
an intel card, but i had a similar issue a long time ago, turned out to
be the video drivers, the problem ended up being fixed after some updates.
  keep checking online for new versions, i noticed the latest
proprietary driver that supports your card on the nvidia site (180.22)
is higher than is installed on your system (177.80)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_180.22.html
also have you tried the open source driver?
Alex K.