Re: [wmii] Getting wmii-hg from AUR

From: Nathan Neff <nathan.neff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 14:22:59 -0600

I got it to work by installing yaourt, and then removing wmii and libixp.

sudo pacman -R wmii
sudo pacman -R libixp

I installed yaourt by putting this stanza in my /etc/pacman.conf

[archlinuxfr]
Server = http://repo.archlinux.fr/i686

Then, I had to tell pacman about new goodies, so I ran:

sudo pacman -Sy

I installed yaourt

sudo pacman -S yaourt

yaourt told me that it needed to install/compile libixp-hg
I accepted the defaults when it asked me to view the PKGBUILD file.

After yaourt installed libixp-hg, I was returned to the command line. Then,
I just ran

yaourt -S wmii-hg

And it worked!

I really like the way that the windows open in stacked mode by default.

I also really like the way that <ModKey> + F will **toggle** floating
mode. I think that
in wmi 3.6, you had to do the Shift-Mod-Space thing, which I didn't understand.

Looks great, and thanks for the help!

Thanks,
--Nate