Re: [wmii] problem managing LyX windows

From: sqweek <sqweek_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:50:28 +0900

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Davide Anchisi <danchisi_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when opening any control window from LyX menus (e.g. "Edit --> Find
> and Replace...") I get a floating window. But only the first time I
> open that window. If I close the window and try to open it again I get
> displayed no window at all, until I exit LyX and reopen.

 I see a similar sort of thing using GIMP. I generally have controls
in the left column and image in the right column (stack mode). First
time I use the "open file" dialog it is floating, and after that it
always seems to end up stacked in my right hand column. It seems to
remember *where* it was in the stack too, which I'm not sure makes
sense, and I wonder whether the window is getting closed at all or
just hidden/unhidden.
-sqweek