[wmii] xrandr --same-as

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:11:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I was just about to post the following as a bug report, but then I started
wondering how the xrandr --same-as setting is supposed to work. So please
tell me whether the following is a bug (copy&paste from the bug reporting
thing):

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Have a 1024x600 screen on LVDS, already active
2. Plug a 1024x768 screen onto the VGA port
3. xrandr --output VGA --mode 1024x768 --same-as LVDS

I expect the VGA screen looking good with the bar at the bottom and the
LVDS screen showing only a part of the image.
What I see on VGA: The expected with the bar at the bottom but also a
second empty bar on the vertical 600 position.
What I see on LVDS: The upper part of the image with the empty bar at the
bottom.

What version of the product are you using (wmii -v)? On what operating
system?
wmii-hg2435

Fullscreening a client does work without showing any bars, but then again
there is never a bar in fullscreen mode.

Thomas