Re: [wmii] Thunar opening in previous tag

From: Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:36:40 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, Alex Kilgore wrote:

> Kris Maglione wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 03:24:46AM -0500, Alex Kilgore wrote:
>>> This is because thunar apparently just spawns a new window that is from
>>> the same process as the currently running thunar when re-run (you can
>>> test this yourself by running two thunar windows and using pgrep to see
>>> how many processes are running, i got only one). WMII opens all windows
>>> from a process on the same tag, this is intended as a feature, yes.
>>
>> Actually, it opens all windows that specify the same group in the same tab.
>> If you want to override it for a given app, just add to /tagules:
>>
>> /thunar/ -> sel
>>
> Wow, i cant believe i missed that one, thanks for the info kris, however, i
> cannot get that to work with sel, it works when i add
> /App/ -> 2

In case of thunar, this works only if there is no existing instance of
thunar. For example:

1. Add

/Thunar.*/ -> test

to /tagrules.

2. Open thunar, it opens in "test" tag.
3. Go to test tag, and move thunar window to any other tag, say "test:2"
4. Open thunar again. It opens in "test:2" instead of "test"

So the tagrules are honored when creating the first instance of thunar.
But after that, new instances open in the tag that has the last active
instance.

> for example, it opens all windows that match the regex in tag 2 but
> /App/ -> sel
> in my case just acts the same way as it did before, and opens all of the
> windows in the same tag for some reason, no matter what is selected

I experience the same behaviour.

Aditya