Re: [wmii] A couple of Mod+A questions:

From: Thomas Gallen <kaori.hinata_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:40:41 -0500

"exec" spawns another process replacing the wmii process. The idea is
the same as the exec shell command in that it's used to replace one
process (the executing process) with another like, for example,
another window manager. As a result it also provides an unintentional
way to restart wmii (I.E. "exec wmii"). The syntax is "exec
[some_command_here]".

I don't know about the welcome message, however, I believe it uses
xmessage, so if you don't have xmessage installed, then welcome won't
work (though I should reiterate that I only BELIEVE it uses xmessage, I
haven't checked).

Thomas