Re: [wmii] A couple of Mod+A questions:

From: Nathan Neff <nathan.neff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:46:05 -0600

> The syntax is "exec[some_command_here]".

I wonder why is "exec" is in the action menu, then? The action menu
doesn't give you a way to specify a parameter, correct?

I've gone through the man page, and found the part about "An action is
a shell script in the default setup".

However, I didn't find anything about how to use the action menu
(Mod-A, then exec) to specify a parameter to the "exec" command.

I'm just wondering what's the use of having exec and quit right next
to each other in the Mod+A menu?

Also, the welcome script (in Arch /etc/wmii-hg/welcome) does use
xmessage, xmessage *is* installed on my system.

Thanks,
--Nate