Re: [wmii] [ANN] YAML based Ruby wmiirc

From: Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 18:45:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Suraj Kurapati wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> gem search rumai --remote
>> *** REMOTE GEMS ***
>> rumai (2.0.0)
>>
>> Does it usually take some time for the gem database to be
>> updated?
>
> Yes, but it usually does not take this long.
> I'll check with the RubyForge admins.
>
> In the mean time, you can:
>
> wget http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/56611/rumai-3.0.0.gem
> gem install ./rumai-3.0.0.gem

Thanks. This works perfectly.

One minor annoyance. I have plan9 installed, so by default your wmiirc
does not work. Based on a discussion here sometime back, I created a
rc.wmii.local file containing

exec `{wi_script wmiirc}

However, the "run action" prompt does not have a rc.wmii action (it only
has rc.wmii.local and wmiirc). So, I cannot execute the changes that I
make in the yaml file on the fly. In order to run wmiirc again, I need to
log out and login again.

Is there any workaround short of uninstalling plan9?

Aditya