Re: [wmii] [ANN] YAML based Ruby wmiirc

From: Suraj Kurapati <sunaku_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 01:19:23 -0700

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Suraj Kurapati wrote:
>> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> gem search rumai --remote
>>> *** REMOTE GEMS ***
>>> rumai (2.0.0)

I filed a support request about this problem here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=25876&group_id=5&atid=102

> One minor annoyance. I have plan9 installed, so by default your wmiirc does
> not work. Based on a discussion here sometime back, I created a
> rc.wmii.local file containing
>
> exec `{wi_script wmiirc}
>
> However, the "run action" prompt does not have a rc.wmii action (it only has
> rc.wmii.local and wmiirc). So, I cannot execute the changes that I make in
> the yaml file on the fly. In order to run wmiirc again, I need to log out
> and login again.

Try upgrading to this[1] commit or further. You will see a "reload"
action in the action menu. This uses exec() to reimage thet process
with whatever $0 was, so it should work in your case.

[1]: http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/commit/f29fd290296b8d91405dadf7efae2fb9e33c7e7e