[wmii] Re: [ANN] YAML based Ruby wmiirc

From: Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:05:37 -0400

On Tue, 12 May 2009, Suraj Kurapati wrote:

> On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adi.mahajan_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Suraj Kurapati wrote:

> I filed a support request about this problem here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=25876&group_id=5&atid=102

Thanks.

>> One minor annoyance. I have plan9 installed, so by default your wmiirc does
>> not work. Based on a discussion here sometime back, I created a
>> rc.wmii.local file containing
>>
>> exec `{wi_script wmiirc}
>>
>> However, the "run action" prompt does not have a rc.wmii action (it only has
>> rc.wmii.local and wmiirc). So, I cannot execute the changes that I make in
>> the yaml file on the fly. In order to run wmiirc again, I need to log out
>> and login again.
>
> Try upgrading to this[1] commit or further. You will see a "reload"
> action in the action menu. This uses exec() to reimage thet process
> with whatever $0 was, so it should work in your case.
>
> [1]: http://github.com/sunaku/wmiirc/commit/f29fd290296b8d91405dadf7efae2fb9e33c7e7e

Thanks. I also noticed that rumai has a work around one of my biggest
annoyances with wmii
(http://www.mail-archive.com/wmii@suckless.org/msg02221.html). Great.

Another minor annoyance. In wmii (latest hg version), the menu is called
using wimenu. When I type a few characters and press tab, it behaves like
left arrow key in dmenu. Rumani simply calls dmenu and tab completes the
current word. Any idea how wimenu is implmented? Can the choice of the
menu program be also made configurable?

Aditya