Re: [wmii] wimenu arrow keys support

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 23:40:40 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:42:25PM -0700, Suraj Kurapati wrote:
>I just started using wimenu instead of dmenu and I noticed that wimenu
>does not let you browse the choices by pressing the left & right arrow
>keys. Will this functionality be added in the (near) future?

I really don't think this is a good idea. Most users do (and
should) expect the arrow keys to move the caret. You can rebind
them now, if you really need to, but please don't provide that
to your users as the default configuration. Probably the biggest
complaint about dmenu/wmiimenu is the lack of a movable caret,
and if the arrow keys don't work, your users will never figure
out how to use it.

>More importantly, is wimenu meant to be a replacement for dmenu in wmii?

Yes, yes, god yes.

--
Kris Maglione
I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will