Re: [dev] Re: dwm development continues NOW

From: Jimmy Tang <jtang_AT_tchpc.tcd.ie>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:29:48 +0100

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:32:31PM +0100, Jimmy Tang wrote:
> mon->0 has some windows
> mon->1 has some windows but has focus for the monitor
> - after using meta-e to shift change over to mon->1
>
> I move my mouse over to mon->0 to a window, highlight it and start doing
> something, but when I hit meta-NUM to change tags, it changes the tags
> in mon->1. It's little un-intuitive if for some reason you need to use
> the mouse. Shouldn't moving the mouse to change the focus on a window on
> mon->0 also change the monitor focus back to mon->0? Is the current
> behaviour intended? note, I was using the default configs from the tip.

I just tried the tip again, the bug with the mouse focus is fixed,
but it appears when you send a client say from mon1 to mon0, the client
retains its focus on mon0. so I end up with more than one 'selected'
clients on both mon's but only one has keyboard focus, I'm not sure if I
am describing this right. the clients clean up once i cycle through all
the clients on both mon's

Jimmy

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,