Re: [dev] number of visible windows?

From: TJ Robotham <tj.robotham_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 02:19:58 -0400

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 01:30:50AM +0000, Jacob Todd wrote:
> Another odd thing I noticed today is that vanilla-dwm changes all of tags
> layouts if you change the layout on a tag. Seems odd.

That would be because you aren't changing the layout on a tag. Tags don't have
layouts; you are changing the layout of dwm.

Some of us don't think of tags as distinct workspaces. When I have more than
one tag active at a time, then that's one "workspace" that I've temporarily
built out of that combination, not several workspaces coexisting on one screen.
From this perspective, assigning the layout to dwm makes a lot more sense than
assigning a layout to each tag.