Re: [dev] dwm default bindings

From: Donald Allen <donaldcallen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:54:45 -0400

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Scytrin dai Kinthra<scytrin_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I work on a wide variety of platforms and keyboards and I find the windows
> key prevalent enough to have it as my MODKEY.  I even have the menu key
> wired to dmenu in xbindkeys for conveniance.
> However I do have dmenu and a few other commands I find indesposable setup
> to use Shift|Mod1 when I am on older thinkpads or keyboards without Super. I
> am usually not on the platform long enough to warrant a full conversion.

My issue may boil down to using newish Thinkpads mostly on the desktop
with old IBM keyboards (in a tray below the desktop, together with a
real mouse) and so don't often have access to a keyboard with the
Windows key.

> Additionally, the programs you mention tend to have shortcuts in combination
> with Control, and I use those rather than digging through menus.

True, but I don't always remember which have keyboard shortcuts, which
don't, and if they do, what they are. The menubar and its alt-
shortcuts is visible, so no memory issue.