Re: [dev] wmii: Question on wmiirc_local.py

From: Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_gmx.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 11:10:17 +0200

Update and one more bug below.

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 10:06:25 +0200
Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_gmx.com> wrote:

> Works fine now but gives rise to another problem: Keeping the
> modules in /etc, they don't get byte compiled on first import, as a
> normal user has no write access there. As a workaround you could
> compile them at make time, but optionally in order to avoid having
> Python as dependency. Maybe a target "pyc" in the Makefile?
>
> Other minor issues with the Python wmiirc:
> - The clock in the bar is not updated. Seems to be a problem with
> datetime, since this works:
> @defmonitor
> def time(self):
> return call('date','+%a %d %b %T')
>
> - With two Xinerama screens, the (empty) bar on the second screen is light gray,
> while with the sh version it had $WMII_NORMCOLORS

I tested this further: It occurs only with some special colors, "blue and smoke" from the themes page, and goes away after a while magically.

> - Mod4 is default for this, while it is Mod1 for the others.

Let me report one more issue: The key bindings for default/stack/max are not working on a second Xinerama screen.
In setattr(Tag('sel').selcol selcol does not respect the current screen, the mode is always changed on the corresponding column on the first screen.

--
Thomas Dahms <dahms_AT_gmx.com>