[dev] Trouble building wmii on cygwin

From: Robert Latest <boblatest_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:47:22 +0200

Hello folks,

firstly, let me say that after 15 years of a love-hate relationship
with fvwm I think that wmii finally is what I've been looking for. 50%
of what I do I do in terminal windows, and the rest are X programs. So
half the time I open xterms only to type X program names. Most of the
time I like to have 1 program on 1 screen, so I keep switching
screens all the time, and I never push X windows around on the
desktop, this being a waste of time IMO.

So wmii does all I want done more quickly than fvwm, and it doesn't do
anything that I don't want done.

Thanks for this great piece of software!

But at work I'm sadly forced to use a Windows PC, but to do real work
I've installed a Cygwin environment. I tried building a current
wmii-3.6 snapshot on cygwin, but it doesn't work:

/cygdrive/d/build/wmii-3.6$ make
[ ...]
MAKE all cmd/
CC cmd/wmii9menu.o