Re: [dev] Alternative for tabbing in web-browsers?

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:11:13 +0200

On 10/7/09, <ilembitov_AT_yandex.ru> wrote:
> A suggestion was made to revisit a bookmarking system. I was thinking about
> it and here is my suggestion: what if basically do not just bookmark pages?

imho the main issue is the ease of use (ie adding/retrieving/removing
links easily), downloading the entire site or just keeping a link is a
secondary question

adding links to a list can be made easy (eg a single middle click),
but recalling which url meant what is not that easy (with tabs the
list is already visible, with favicons and title +one can remember the
position of a link in the list)

> 1. one page opened, all others stored to disk

yes, but the question is how do you manage those links
they will have obscure name, no context or tags