Re: [dev] [surf] next release

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:08:09 +0100

2009/10/21 Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>:
> Surf should *not* handle downloads or display source, this are clearly
> and obviously best handled by external tools and there is zero reason
> for them to be part of any browser.

I disagree with downloads, because several stuff can't be download
without dealing with a valid session and it is a pain to download
stuff that requires session info using wget.

I have no strong feeling about source viewing, doesn't need to be
build-in, but since it's already implemented by webkit the source
viewing and profiling info of WebKit might be worth being made
accessible through surf, it'll help those who have to debug some web
stuff from time to time or that are masochists about analysing JS and
overall download performance similar to firebug. Usually no external
tool can provide this information correctly.

Kind regards,
Anselm