Re: [dev] [dwm] Xinerama autocenter issue

From: Anselm R Garbe <anselm_AT_garbe.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:14:40 +0100

2009/10/22 Alex Matviychuk <alexmat_AT_gmail.com>:
> I'm floating eclipse across the length of 1.5 monitors using xinerama.
> Whenever I use a dialog inside eclipse, it tries to center itself and
> considers the center as the center of the first monitor. Is there a
> way to fix this? Or is there a better way of streaching apps across
> monitors?

The dialog that pops up belongs to the monitor of the parent window
(eclipse). Hence it's centered on the monitor it belongs to.
Stretching things across monitors is not intended to be supported well
by dwm's Xinerama support. The best solution for this is buying a
bigger screen and telling the monitor vendor that you bought this
screen because you are a dwm user ;) Perhaps some screen manufacturer
will ring some day when it realises the critical dwm user base ;)

Kind regards,
Anselm