Re: [dev] [OT]: Go programming language

From: Uriel <lost.goblin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 06:29:01 +0100

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Jorge Vargas <jorge.vargas_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> can we please remove all the lisp/C talk from this thread. I came here
> to see what the dwm folks had to say about go and of course the
> remarkable people working on them.

Go is the only hope for the future of the software industry, the only
weapon with a chance of killing the abominable mutant monster of C++
and the double-headed zombie of Java/C#.

I'm quite picky, and I have yet to see anything I don't like in Go,
the people that have designed it were some of the very few that truly
understood the spirit of C, and have spent *forty years* thinking
about how to perfect it and getting experience building a few
replacements (Alef, Limbo, ...), and it shows.

Having Go, there is no excuse to write user space code in C ever
again; as for kernel space, we will see (specially once they deploy
the new concurrent garbage collector), rob said he would like somebody
to try building a kernel in Go, this would be fun, and might even
produce something quite useful.

Enjoy, and if you care about the sanity of the software industry,
learn to love Go.

uriel

P.S.:

> And I found a bunch of people that
> are not going to convince each other otherwise. If you simply refuse
> my question then please top at [OT] in front of your next response so
> I can properly ignore it.

Amen.