[dev] a suckless computer algebra system

From: A.J. Gardner <aaron.j.gardner_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:23:35 -0600

I'm interested in math and CASs, but my opinions on available software
are ill-formed and mostly ignorant. Does anyone else here have an
interest in this topic, broadly speaking? If so, do you have any
preferences for one package over another? Have you found any math
software that seem to follow the worse-is-better design model?

How is gnuplot? gmp bignum library? Maxima? Sympy? Octave? Ever used
any of these?

I'm too much of a n00b (and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around
what it means for software to suck less) to actually tell if some code
does, in fact, suck less.

tl;dr: Anyone know of any suckless math software out there in the tubes?

Best,
A.J.