Re: [dev] my suckless.org compatible ideas: vim like mapping for any tools, C scripts, vi clone

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 23:56:43 +0000

Hey,

On 15/05/2010, anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com> wrote:
> This behaviour is compatible with unix keybindings
> (http://unix-kb.cat-v.org/). Most (all?) suckless tools follow these
> rules so there are no problems. Maybe they should be documented
> somewhere?

dmenu uses alt for a couple of bindings. Apparently ctrl binds are
shell-like and alt binds are vim-like, which is a bit weird (also
M-p). I'd prefer to remove the alt ones. That said I do like ^[HJKL]
in dwm, surf, etc.

wrt uriel's unix shortcuts page, where do ^K and the other common ones come in?

cls