Re: [dev] stali and static surf binary

From: anonymous <aim0shei_AT_lavabit.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 04:08:59 +0400

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 05:11:48PM -0400, Ersin Akinci wrote:
> Thus, dynamic libraries would still be used, but at least they would
> be duplicated, independent, and isolated for each program that needed it.

What problem you are trying to solve? You want to make binaries
independent from environment so you can get your directory with
program and it's libraries and run on every Linux machine? I think
main goal of stali is to get rid of complex dynamic library loader and
make loading faster. Looks like you are trying to use static linking
for different purpose.

If it is too hard to compile these complex web browser engines, it is
possible to switch to Netsurf or Dillo. Dillo uses FLTK, it is
developed for static linking from the start. Browser engine is
internal so there is no problem. These browsers are not so functional
as WebKit-based browsers like surf but they are more simple in fact.

BTW there are no commits to stali repository recently, it is developed
privately or it is not developed now?