Re: [dev][surf]

From: Szabolcs Nagy <nszabolcs_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:32:43 +0200

On 5/26/10, Christophe-Marie Duquesne <chm.duquesne_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I know this topic is old, but I was wondering: Why is YAML
> considered harmful? It's on http://harmful.cat-v.org/software/, but I

it is built on similar ideas as xml (tries to be a generic something)
it has many inconsistent syntax elements (like a "feature rich" wiki)

compare
http://yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html
and
http://www.json.org/

yaml has complicated grammar rules which makes it hard to parse for
both human and machine readers and does not seem to solve any
particular problem