Re: [dev] [dwm] can't toggle tags with mouse

From: Andreas Amann <amann_AT_physik.tu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 19:23:34 +0200

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 04:35:29PM +0200, orschiro_AT_googlemail.com wrote:
> Ah sorry my fault, accidentally I broke the line down with \.
>
> Nice your solution is working. :)
>
> But do you have any idea why toggling via evdev doesn't affect the
> xkb_symbols line?

simply because "xkb_symbols" does not change when you toggle your keyboard
layout dynamically via Alt-shift. Before and after toggling it contains the
string "+pc+de+pl...." which simply says that you can toggle between de and
pl layout, but does not tell you which one is currently active. Obviously
if you toggle your keyboard using "setxkbmap" directly, then xkb_symbols
changes from "+pc+de" to "+pc+pl".

From "man setxkbmap" you can see that "setxkbmap -print" is actually
intended to be piped into xkbcomp and not for determining the current state
of the keyboard.