Re: [dev] merp is a loneliness mitigation device written in python and Tk

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:48:58 +0100

On 13 Jul 2010, at 14:09, Joseph Xu wrote:

> Hi Ethan:
>
> Thanks for checking out the software. Sounds like Tk is not as
> cross-platform as it claims. I don't have access to a mac right now,
> but I'll look into it in a few days.

The resize handle is 15x15 pixels, I don't know whether you pack a
blank element to get that, or what. Mail me off-list if you want me to
run any code on the mac. Or, better, message me on freenode, My nick
is EthanG.

> For nickserv, the only way I
> interact with it is identifying myself, and I do that by passing a
> "PRIVMSG nickserv :identify pass" argument to the end of the command
> line.

I guess I skipped over that bit in the instructions. Hmm... will it re-
send the command if it gets disconnected and re-connects? For that
matter, will it automatically re-connect at all?

> As for the version, unfortunately I didn't do anything with CTCP
> yet, but I'll get around to it very soon. However, I can use freenode
> just fine, it doesn't seem to care that I don't respond to its version
> requests.

I'm connecting to freenode just fine with it today, so I guess it can
be ignored as Kris said.