Re: [dev] [wmii] Mouse problems

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 05:33:21 -0400

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:03:38AM +0200, Tom Kazimiers wrote:
>unfortunately, my solution worked only a couple of days. Meanwhile I
>have the same problems again and the search for solutions continues. So
>if someone has Ideas about the source of my mouse issues I would be glad
>to hear about them. But, I still think wmii and rumai are not the cause.

There's a good possibility you're using a version of Xorg that
uses HAL for driver configuration. This is, to say the least,
inideal. Unless you have some relish for editing dozens of
inscrutable XML files. Arch has finally updated to 1.8 where
things are moderately sane (by X11 standards, anyway) again.

--
Kris Maglione
When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when