[dev] [wmii] floating clients in default and stack mode

From: Juan Pablo Aroztegi <jpabloae_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:34:50 +0200

I have a question about wmii, floating clients and the "default" and
"stack" modes in this situation.

Let's suppose I create a new tag, then switch to the floating layer
with Mod-shift-space and start 4 new clients. By default the "default"
mode is applied, so I can see all the clients. If I press Mod-s, I
only see the focused client and the other 3 clients remain are
collapsed. If I switch to the default mode again with Mod-d nothing
changes visibly. That is, I can still see 1 client and 3 collapsed
clients. So I have to un-collapse them manually using the mouse.

I remember that some months ago switching from the "stack" to the
"default" mode in the floating layer used to collapse/uncollapse all
the clients (except for the focused one). So I was wondering if this
new behavior is intentional or not.

Thanks,

Juan Pablo