Re: [dev] [wmii] floating clients in default and stack mode

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:16:02 -0400

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 12:34:50PM +0200, Juan Pablo Aroztegi wrote:
>I have a question about wmii, floating clients and the "default" and
>"stack" modes in this situation.
>
>Let's suppose I create a new tag, then switch to the floating layer
>with Mod-shift-space and start 4 new clients. By default the "default"
>mode is applied, so I can see all the clients. If I press Mod-s, I
>only see the focused client and the other 3 clients remain are
>collapsed. If I switch to the default mode again with Mod-d nothing
>changes visibly. That is, I can still see 1 client and 3 collapsed
>clients. So I have to un-collapse them manually using the mouse.
>
>I remember that some months ago switching from the "stack" to the
>"default" mode in the floating layer used to collapse/uncollapse all
>the clients (except for the focused one). So I was wondering if this
>new behavior is intentional or not.

Yes, in the hg tree this is the expected behavior, but not the
correct one. The code that deals with collapsed clients is
currently incomplete. I have a WIP on my patch queue, but it's
about a day's work from completion and requires more
concentration than I've been able to invest recently.

--
Kris Maglione
Increasingly, people seem to misinterpret complexity as