Re: [dev] wmii: dash, bash and tests in wmiirc

From: Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:08:17 -0400

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 08:46:32PM +0200, LuX wrote:
>By the way, what I wanted to do when I encountered this "stupid"
>problem with -f flag, if not "clever", might at least be usefull for
>other people. I wanted to add to wmii some basic ability to deal with
>USB pens:
>
>- mount and open them automatically when plugged in;
>- show them as buttons in the right bar, with focus or normal colors
> depending on whether their file system is mounted or unmounted;
>- unmount/remount them by simple clicks on their buttons.
>
>It might be that your removable device manager skvm does this job
>perfectly, I don't know. The point is that skvm is not available in
>the core repository of Arch Linux, the distro I'm using from now on,
>and I do not use to compile programs from source. So I have found a
>way to add this feature with wmii-3.9.2 just by modifying
>appropriately the wmiirc file. If some people are interested, this is
>available here:

skvm scares me, not least because it's ugly and I can't even
figure out quite what it does. I'm not terribly fond of pmount
either. I'm currently using a (heavily) modified hal-based
mounting script that does the job quite nicely. Attached.

Your script does look useful though. I'll have to have a good
look at it later. I tend to use the commandline or wimenu, but I
think that for the purposes of your script I'd have used
wmii9menu.

--
Kris Maglione
Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with