Re: [dev] wmii: automount USB pens [was: dash, bash and tests in wmiirc]

From: Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:40:19 -0400

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Kris Maglione <maglione.k_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think so. First of all, that claim is a bit dubious. HAL is,
> thankfully, being phased out, but it's still widely used for volume
> management, and udev doesn't provide any similar mountpoint management.

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks

Please note: I don't support the freedesktop.org garbage, and I hate
all of console-, device-, and policy-kit, but udisks is hal-free block
device management. It barely works, but that's probably an artifact
of being a freedeskop.org project.

--
# Kurt H Maier