Re: [dev] fossil scm

From: Pierre Chapuis <catwell_AT_archlinux.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:01:12 +0200

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 15:49:16 +0200, pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com> wrote:

> I think fossil is far more smart than mercurial (no python), and can be
> a good alternative. It
> is not suckless, but gets closer to it :)

I have tried it because it is what Zed Shaw uses for Mongrel2. Apparently
its creator is that of SQLite so it has good references. Of course it uses
SQLite behind the scene.

I don't like really like it for the reason you said: webserver, wiki and
bugtracker have nothing to do in SCM software. I didn't look at the code
but I fear that it's not that simple.

All in all I prefer Git with the Smart HTTP protocol. The fact that it is
large collection of binaries is not a problem for me, this is Unix after
all.

Now if some suckless devs made a stripped-down version of Fossil, why not
;)
Especially if someone points me to a wrapper that does the same thing as
"git bissect run".

For information, it allows the user to change commit messages but not the
commits themselves (ie. there is no real "rebase" command).

--
catwell