Re: [dev] Suckless design in Games

From: lordkrandel <lordkrandel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:04:48 +0200

> So while I agree that the purpose goes beyond effectiveness and
> productivity, I think simplicity is the very essence of Art.

> cls

Do you live in a protestant country?
I live in Italy, we have seen plenty of aesthetics.
The classical "natural perfection" of the ancient Greek art,
Baroque art, Mannerism, the sharp edges of Futurism...

I personally don't like to mix personal taste with pragmatism.

If anyone wants to build a game with a simple design, and
probably very addictive, "Monaco" could be a good start.
It has won come IGF prize this year. I bet there could be
a suckless implementation with Nethack-like user interface.
http://www.pocketwatchgames.com/Mwyim/

No need for examples of bloated games I guess.

--
Wyrmskull