Re: [dev] nscript - a little stack-based scripting language interpretter I wrote

From: Nikhilesh S <s.nikhilesh_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 01:08:41 +0300 (AST)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, pancake wrote:

> * Remove 'code' in nstest.c and put it as a testcase t/test

nstest.c is gone, there's now ns.c, a standard-input-interpreter. The
tests are now in the directory test/. You can now just run './ns <
test/fact.ns' for example.

> * floating point support (append '.' or 'f' to each basic math op +. , -.
> ...)

Maybe I should add a new 'float' type, and then the +, - etc. operators
will promote int to float when they are parameters to the same operator?

> * function to execute commands in shell and get output in stack
> * Onechar and line input reading

Line input reading is good, command execution is good, I'll add it.

Should I add a new 'char' type for onechar reading?

> * format string implementation (maybe)

> * type check functions (how can I know the type of the last element in the
> stack?

Nice idea, but I'm wondering how should the type should be represented?
Integer constants (0 for int, 1 for bool, ...), strings, characters?

> * I will probably swap the order of the conditional clauses: (what do you
> think about it)
> 3 3 == { 'Is equal duppy\n' print } if
> -->
> { 'Is equal duppy\n' print } 3 3 == if

Hmm, personally I prefer the 'condition first' order... Why do you like
the 'condition later' order?