[dev] hgweb typically sucks

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 02:23:56 +0100

Looking at the list of "other projects" on suckless.org some catch my
eye, so I click on them & get taken to a hgweb site. Okay, no problem
so far, so I click on a file, micy's micy.c for example. Between the
syntax highlighting and the crazy two-tone background my old eyes
can't read it so I click raw... and I'm not allowed to view it in my
browser!

I have to download the file and then resort to some other program to
find and read the thing, which is not the point of using a browser in
the first place. Who wants to save a single file from a project
anyway, and if they do what browser doesn't have a perfectly good
"save as" option anyway?

I like to browse these things occasionally to get a bit of a deeper
idea of what they do in case I want them in the future, but I'm not
going to bother with a whole hg clone into some temp dir just to get
enough info on something to make it stick in my memory.