Re: [dev] Sup and dmc

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 15:23:17 +0100

On 3 Apr 2011, at 1:37 pm, Džen wrote:

> I don't know what you guys think, but why not simply return messages
> which contain a text/html attachment to the sender? Maybe like this
> people might learn it someday and trash such shitty MUAs...

I think some mailing lists do this. Some simply drop all attachments
but means you can't attach patches. Of course, the ML could just drop
text/html attachments. The big problem is not attachments but mail
which does not have a plain-text component.

You know, we could all say we're using shitty MUAs because we see the
rendered HTML rather than the plain-text component. ;) Even HTML-only
mail can be converted to plain text.

/me mumbles something about "suckless" and "MUA" :D