Re: [dev] [st] 0.1 Feedback - Was: A few small patches

From: Antoni Grzymala <antoni_AT_chopin.edu.pl>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:10:56 +0200

Ethan Grammatikidis dixit (2011-04-04, 02:34):

> XFCE terminal binds ctrl-shift-C/V to clipboard copy/paste. They're
> not great bindings but they're memorable. Someone mentioned shift-
> insert, was that for clipboard or selection paste? Shift-insert
> reminds me of DOS edit.exe which used that binding for paste and
> ctrl- and alt-insert for copy and cut if I remember right. Again,
> they weren't the world's most wonderful bindings but they worked and
> probably can't conflict with anything in the terminal.

In my standard X environment most programs accept the convention, that
MMB *and* shift-insert insert the selection, while whichever program
supports the clipboard it has some clipboard shortcut (and those two
do not overlap). For inserting clipboard in selection-aware programs
(urxvt for example), a I have keybinding to overwrite the selection
with the clipboard:

{ MODKEY, XK_c, spawn, SHCMD("xsel -b -o | xsel -i") },

--
[a]