Re: [dev] [st] 0.1 Feedback - Was: A few small patches

From: Bryan Bennett <bbenne10_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 12:01:34 -0400

While I like the premise of your xsel patch, it seems to be pretty rough in
implementation (not that I'm complaining, I certainly can't do much better).
It properly grabs the text from the terminal buffer, but the lack of utf-8
(or
so I'm assuming) is causing a lot of additional characters to be placed on
newlines, making actually getting what I want out of it rather difficult.I
think it'd work great for longer passages of text, but I'd like something
aimed at shorter passages or purely URLs.

I'm thinking something along the lines of what URxvt does, without the
crap. Essentially my idea, press a key combination to highlight any
URL's in the current view (which would be read via regex, settable in
config.h) and press another key to select and follow those links in a
default browser (or simply insert their into the selection / clipboard,
which seems to suck less). I'm on an implementation of this, but my
C knowledge is rather low (I'm a python programmer...) so it's going
to take a while, me thinks.