Re: [dev] Why dwm or wmii over xmonad, etc., or not?

From: Andrew Hills <hills.as_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:22:41 -0400

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> wmii is not a window manager, it's an obscene object lesson in
> unhinged kitchen-sink programming.

It's endlessly configurable while it's running, which is very convenient.

I prefer dwm/wmii to xmonad because I don't know Haskell and because I
don't have to install GHC on every machine to use them. They're better
than awesome because they're documented well enough to use and
included in most major Linux distributions.

--Andrew Hills