Re: [dev] Why dwm or wmii over xmonad, etc., or not?

From: Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57_AT_fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:07:28 +0100

On 20 Apr 2011, at 7:20 pm, Andrew Hills wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> If a program requires endless configuration, it's a bad program.
>
> The program doesn't require it; I do.

I thought I did. 10+ years ago I really felt extreme configurability
was absolutely vital to getting comfortable at all. I eventually
figured out that all I was doing was thinly papering over the cracks
of a brain-damaged workflow, and doing so in a way that took
ridiculous amounts of effort. I'm reminded of the general thrust of
FOSS desktop activity, actually.