Re: [dev] [st] bad focus

From: <ingolemo_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 01:19:27 -0000

On Sat, 3 Sep 2011 22:38:34 +0200, Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have no *nix computer at hand to test your patch. This
> behaviour was introduced to make focus work inside tabbed. It has the
> side effect your describing. I didn't find the right way to know
> whether the window has *keyboard* focus or not when it's embed.
> I you manage to make it work in every case I'll apply your patch.

According to the documentation[^1], the embedding application is supposed to
send a ClientMessage XEvent with major opcodes of XEMBED_FOCUS_IN and
XEMBED_FOCUS_OUT. I've attached a patch that should add detection of these
events to st. Unfortunately, I'm unable to properly test them with tabbed
because it seems tabbed doesn't send any XEMBED_FOCUS_OUT events. The
current effect in tabbed is that the cursor is always shown, which seems an
acceptable state until tabbed can be improved.

[^1]: http://standards.freedesktop.org/xembed-spec/xembed-spec-latest.html

I should add that I don't really know C, so you should probably look the
patch over with extra care. :)