Re: [dev] [st] bad focus

From: Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:16:56 +0200

Ok, I'm back.

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 3:19 AM, <ingolemo_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the documentation[^1], the embedding application is supposed to
> send a ClientMessage XEvent with major opcodes of XEMBED_FOCUS_IN and
> XEMBED_FOCUS_OUT. I've attached a patch that should add detection of these
> events to st. Unfortunately, I'm unable to properly test them with tabbed
> because it seems tabbed doesn't send any XEMBED_FOCUS_OUT events. The
> current effect in tabbed is that the cursor is always shown, which seems an
> acceptable state until tabbed can be improved.

This xembed client message seems to be the only thing vaguely standard
concerning this focus issue thus I think tabbed should be patched to
support it.
Your C-fu is fine by me but like I've said before on this list, I'm no
X wizard so if there's a problem in your X code I'm afraid I won't
notice it.
I'm applying your patch. Thanks :)