[dev] Introducing SEE, the Simple Executing Engine

From: Xinhao.Yuan <xinhaoyuan_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:47:31 +0800

Hello all, I have subscribed this mail list for long time, but it is my
first post here. I would like to introduce SEE, which is a very small script
engine for embedded environment. It has the following advantages:

- Hackable: the code base is small and the API is simple.

- Portable: the dependency is clean (You may even port it to a naked
environment like a OS kernel). the code is full written in C.

- Full functionality: the language model is single-threaded, but concurrency
can be implemented by external calls. And external calls are the only I/Os
in the language (no "standard I/O routines" here). A simple garbage
collector is implemented in SEE.

For myself, I already used SEE in my toy game engine muGE. I hope SEE would
be useful for you guys to enhance the functionality of your softwares. The
copyright of SEE is dedicated to the public domain.

SEE is hosted on github,

http://github.com/xinhaoyuan/see