Re: [dev] Linux sucks!

From: Troels Henriksen <athas_AT_sigkill.dk>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 09:18:18 +0200

Kurt H Maier <karmaflux_AT_gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Guilherme Lino <guih.lino_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> yeah but the true is that a linux desktop is almost useless for a normal
>> person
>
> who the fuck cares about normal people?

The person who made the talk, obviously. I don't get the cognitive
dissonance here - someone writes a (shallow, I'll give you that)
analysis of so-called "desktop Linux" from the purview of the average
computer user. You guys disagree with his views, but apparently from
the perspective of an entirely different class of a user than he's
trying to talk about. Why not respond with "I don't care about the
problem he's talking about" rather than ranting about how his arguments
are all wrong when you apply them to something completely different than
what he's talking about?

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen